Pineapples are tasty tropical fruits, which provide many health benefits for the skin, bones and digestion. The following 16 reasons will explain why you should eat more of this fruit:
- Nutritional value: Pineapples are rich in vitamins such as B6, C, minerals: copper, manganese, thiamin, potassium, magnesium, niacin, as well as folate, pantothenic acid and numerous other nutrients important for the health.
- Stronger bones: Bone loss caused by osteoporosis can be reduced greatly with eating at least a cup of fresh pineapple. This will provide your body with 76% of the recommended daily dose of manganese.
- Improves digestion: Pineapples contain a compound called bromelain which aids digestion. This compound also has anti-inflammatory properties for the pancreas which supports sugar metabolism and provides diabetes prevention.
- For a better smile: Many issues related to the mouth such as gum inflammation, capillary fragility, bleeding gums and tooth loss are caused by the lack of vitamin C. Since pineapples are very rich with this vitamin, you should eat it to prevent these problems.
- Relieves joint soreness: Here are some great news for patients with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Pineapples are as efficient as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, according to the Arthritis foundation.
- Normalizes blood pressure: The effects that high sodium levels have are reduced by potassium citrate that pineapples contain. This way the blood pressure normalizes.
- Prevents cancer: Pineapple tea is great for cancer patients because it prevents proliferation and triggers apoptosis. The compound Bromelain that pineapples contain works as a chemopreventive agent in patients with colon cancer diagnose. Prostate cancer can also be treated with pineapples, which according to experts also has many other therapeutic uses.
- Cough relief: Your immunity will be stronger and your inflamed throat will feel better if you eat pineapples since they contain a lot of vitamin C. Drinking fresh pineapple juice can replace regular cough remedies, as it loosens up phlegm and reduces inflammation.
- Sharper vision: Pineapples are also rich in vitamin A as well as in other nutrients that are very beneficial for your eyes. This fruit can also slow down the progression of age-related macular degeneration.
- Stops blood clotting: People whose bodies cannot deal with blood clots should consume more pineapples because of its anticoagulant properties.
- Healthy weight loss: If you eat when you are stressed out or nervous, choose a few slices of pineapple instead of unhealthy chips. The fiber and glucose from pineapples will make you feel full longer and will keep you safe from overeating when you are under stress.
- Treats upset stomach:Heartburn can be healed with pineapple juice which relieves discomfort and eases your stomach. Keep in mind that drinking too much pineapple juice could cause diarrhea and also, in order to avoid digestive distress, make sure you are not allergic to the fruit.
- Solves fertility issues: You can conceive naturally with the help of the nutrients in pineapples which strengthen the uterine lining and reduce the inflammation caused by endometriosis.
- Reduces inflammation: Pineapples have strong anti-inflammatory properties, and can be used either fresh or frozen. People who suffer from inflammatory bowel disease should eat pineapples to experience the great properties it has. Also if you have injured yourself, eating pineapples will help you relieve the pain.
- Firm skin: The vitamin C from pineapples is also very important for skin, tendon, ligament and blood vessel regeneration. It can also help heal wounds and maintain strong bones. For firmer skin on the face, prepare a pineapple, honey and yoghurt mask and apply it to enjoy the effects.
- Tender meat when cooking: The bromelain from pineapples separates amino acids to peptide bonds; this means that using pineapples when cooking will help make the meat more chewable and tenderer.