Gray hairs are a nightmare for many women as they are considered to be the first sign of aging. Therefore, women are ready to try anything to cover the gray hairs. There are many products and hair dyes, which can cover the gray hairs. However, their effects are only temporary and they come with a vast number of side effects.First and foremost, you should know that premature graying of hair can be triggered by numerous health conditions and poor dietary choices. For instance, this cosmetic issue may be caused by hormonal fluctuations, smoking, pollution, stress, use of unsuitable hair products, chronic colds, sinusitis, and thyroid disorders. Moreover, gray hairs may appear as a result of low amounts of melanin.
So, instead of using products full of harsh chemicals, which do more harm than good, you can try some natural alternatives instead. The most important thing you should do is consume a healthy and nutritious diet. Moreover, you can try the following natural remedy which is based on two available and powerful ingredients.
Coconut Oil and Lemon Mixture
- organic coconut oil (the amount will depend on the length of your hair)
- 3 teaspoons organic lemon juice, freshly squeezed
You should mix the two ingredients until you get a homogeneous mixture. Then, apply the mixture to your hair and massage it into your scalp. Let it act for at least one hour. Finally, wash it off with a mild shampoo. Repeat this treatment once a week.
Why is this remedy so beneficial?
The two ingredients used in this remedy are one of the most versatile and beneficial nature gifts. Coconut oil is packed with anti-microbial properties, lauric acid, and medium-chain fatty acids, which can treat and improve the condition of your hair. Hence, coconut oil can condition the scalp, promote hair growth, strengthen the hair, treat damaged hair, and reverse gray hair. Moreover, it can fight dandruff and it leaves the hair smooth and soft. On the other hand, lemon juice can prevent premature graying. Due to the vitamin B, vitamin C, and phosphorus content, lemon juice nourishes the hair and treats the cause of gray hair.
Other Remedies:(1).Massage butter oil into your scalp and hair daily before your shower. (2).Eat sesame.(3).Regularly wash hair with a gram flour and milk/curd mixture.(4).Rub hair regularly with onion paste, and it will turn black.(5). Take a multivitamin containing minerals like zinc and copper, which prevent premature graying.(6).Rub crushed raw or unripe papaya into hair for 10 minutes to cure dandruff and hair loss.(7).Mix Indian gooseberry powder with lemon juice and rub the resulting paste into hair regularly. The white hairs will become black.(8).Add black pepper and a spoonful of lemon juice to half a cup of curd. Rub it into hair, then wash after 15 minutes. The hair will become black with regular application.(9).Rot leeches in red wine for 45 days, then apply the liquid to your hair to turn white hair black.
- Consume Vitamin-Rich Foods: In order to prevent and delay the graying process of hair, make sure to get sufficient amounts of vitamins B and E daily. Cashew nuts, almonds, walnuts, fresh fruits, and vegetables are all good sources for these vitamins. Also decrease your sodium intake, because sodium speeds up the appearance of grey hair.
- Drink Lots of Water: A lot of toxins get deposited in the body when the endocrine system malfunctions. This leads to many health problems, including premature aging and grey hair. Drink up to 10-12 glasses of water daily to flush out these harmful toxins.
- Avoid Junk Food: Hair can become grey due to malnutrition and overconsumption of fast food or junk food. Instead, eat natural foods that are high in iron, calcium, vitamin B, and vitamin C. Options include fresh fruits, lemon juice, vegetable soups, etc.