The reflection of a polite behavior is the good manners. Many people don’t pay attention to this protocol simply because they don’t value it as realistic. The principles of this protocol are very simple whose code involves proper speech and vocabulary, common courtesy, restraining emotions, and neat and clean appearance.
These are the 15 basic etiquette rules that every person should follow:
- When walking alongside someone else, if that person greets someone, you should also say “Hello” even though you may not happen to know the people.
- When you are surrounded by company, don’t put your gadgets on the table (tablet, phone), otherwise people would think that they are none of your interest or that you are bored by them and the gadgets are more important. If you keep looking at it, or check your Facebook account, they would be offended.
- Even though it is thought that sushi must be eaten with chopsticks, men can eat it with the hands.
- Don’t ask anyone out if you intend to make calls or text someone the entire night.
- Thank people when they help you in order to show appreciation. Furthermore, do not take their help for granted.
- Men may take the coat of the woman and leave it in the cloakroom, but they should never carry her bag.
- Don’t tend to spend hours on an empty conversation on the phone. Instead, meet with your friends in person.
- Never stare at people, and don’t laugh or talk loudly. It is extremely rude.
- If you are a driver, be aware of the bad effects of splashing pedestrians with water.
- When trying to get to your seat at the cinema, theater or at a concert hall, be always faced towards the people who are already sitting.
- If you apologize and your apology is accepted, make sure you do not repeat the same incident once more.
- Polite men show great respect to any women.
- Always keep in secret 9 personal things about you: age, religion, medical issues, gifts, family quarrels, wealth, affairs, honor, and disgrace.
- Even though fashion is an important aspect in everyone’s life, never be the only one who follows trends. It will make you look ridiculous.
- When you enter a room, greet everyone who is present there, regardless of your status, age, or profession.