No fat loss program is going to work unless it is strenuous enough to drag you out of your comfort zone. If it does not deplete your energy, it is not going to prove effective. Since a good fat loss program is taxing mentally and physically, it is important to combine it with a right nutritional plan. The combination of good exercises and nutritional plan is going to help you lose weight effectively. Let’s find out what you can do to trigger fat loss.
Fat Burning Exercises
In order to lose weight, you need to be in a calorie deficit mode. It means you should be getting fewer calories than you can burn, and you can get better results by burning more calories through specific exercises. Here are some exercises to consider:
1. Single-Leg Deadlift
- Stand in an upright position with a pair of dumbbells in your hand.
- Keep those dumbbells in front of your thighs and ensure that your knees are slightly bent.
- While maintaining the bend in your knee, shift your weight on your one leg only. Slowly lower your torso while hinging at the hips. Stop when your torso is parallel to the ground.
- Pause for a few moments and then return to your starting position.
- Repeat the same with your other leg as well.
2. Jump Rope
- It is one of the best fat burning exercises that you can do anywhere you want. All you have to do is skip the rope.
- Ensure that you stay light on your feet all the time. Keep your chest up as well.
- Swing the rope using your wrists, not by using your arms. Do not let your elbow move as you swing the rope.
- Keep jumping for at least 1 minute at a time.
3. Plank with Dumbbell Row
- Get a pair of dumbbells. Now, assume a plank position keeping your feet wider than your hips.
- Engage your core and lift the dumbbell of the floor as if you are rowing it.
- Pause for a moment at the top and then return to the starting position.
- Repeat the same on the other side as well. Do not let your hips move during the movement. Do at least 8 reps per side.
4. Walking Lunge Coupled with Bicep Curl
- Get a pair of dumbbells and maintain an upright position. Let the weight hang by your side.
- Take a step ahead and get into a lunge position. Lower your body while bending both knees. Do not let your knee go past your toe.
- Return to a standing position by putting pressure from the ball of your big toe. Once you are up, do a bicep curl and then repeat the same with your other food.
- Do not move your elbows while bringing the dumbbell towards your shoulders.
- Perform 10 reps on each side.
- Regular squatting can always be among the best fat burning exercises because it uses different muscle groups and helps you burn more calories.
- Stand in an upright position with your feet slightly outside of hip-width and then lower your body while bending at the knees.
- Lower your body towards the floor as if you are going to sit on a chair. Stop when your thighs are parallel to the floor. Push through your heels to move back up.
6. Push Ups
- Lie down on the floor with your hands slightly wider than your shoulder width.
- Straighten your arm while making sure your legs and back stay straight all the time.
- Breathe out as you straighten your arms and exhale slowly while lowering your body to the floor.
- Perform 3 sets 20 pushups per set. You can increase the intensity by placing your feet on a bench.
7. Leg Raise
- Lie on your back with your hands placed underneath your buttocks.
- Lift your head up from the floor and use your abs to bring your knees towards your chest.
- Breathe out as you perform the movement. Breathe in while straightening your legs again.
- Do several reps until you reach muscle failure. You can keep your legs straight to make this exercise more intense.
8. Split Squat Jumps
- Stand in an upright position with your feet together and hands placed on your thighs.
- Bend at the knees to lower your body and then jump up while separating your feet in midair.
- Ensure that your feet are wider than shoulder width when they touch the floor. Do not stop there but keep lowering your body to get in a squat position.
- Jump back up from the squat position and get into your starting position.
- Do several reps.
9. Mixed Cardio Drills
It involves using a combination of cardio exercises to ensure that you increase your heart rate while engaging your different muscle groups. You can try different exercises and alternate from low intensity to high intensity to keep things mixed up. A good low-intensity cardio activity is a long walk. It can help condition your body. The next day, you can try a high intensity exercise – you can follow an aerobic instruction video.
It is important to find activities that you like to do because this will keep you interested in your cardio workout. Be sure to alternate things, like using a cardio machine, riding a bike, and brisk walking. You should be aiming for 3-5 cardio workout sessions every week to improve your metabolism and help burn more calories.